Thursday, April 28, 2011

Stampa Rosa Hindi/Mendi Stamps

A few weeks ago I came across this stunning stamp on EBay. I decided I would have it no matter the cost. It is so ethnic and I have a huge container of Indian, Middle Eastern and Eastern African stamps (especially women and children) that this would work as a background or edge. I could even use it for Victorian or Garden images. Well, guess what? I was the only bidder!  The stamp is etched with Stampa Rosa I65-13 from 2001. It is no longer being made however, so you will have to scrounge EBay like I did.


Then late this past week, I was doing my duty and scrolling thru my favorite sellers (there are three I always visit) and I found a sister stamp to the above! I don't know the item number but it appears to be  much smaller than the 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 inch square stamp above.


So for now, let us guesstimate it is 1 1/2 by 3 inches. Again, same artist and same color indexing so probably same year 2001. I must have this! If you know the item number or if there are any more stamps similar to this Stampa Rosa antique, please leave a message below.  I can see this done up with glittery embossing powder over a mulberry ink. Tattoos without the pain!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh - I used to have that entire set. I remember searching and searching for it, finally had my LSS special order it from Stampa Rosa. There are definitely more stamps in the set - some pretty medallions and I think another border. I don't know why I don't have it anymore. :( I believe the name associated with it had more to do with Moroccan themes....

    Here's an image I found!!!! http://www.stampington.com/html/stampa_rosa_sponsored_ad.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. And another - http://carmicimicata.blogspot.com/2008/01/crazy-for-paisley.html

    Paisley is the keyword here..lol..not Morocco. So you were right on with the Indian theme :)

    ReplyDelete

Give in to the dark side. Let me know where to get these stamps. Have a lust stamp? Let me know. Think I am nuts? I ALREADY know that!